Cavtat Wandering

I'm sitting in my new temporary home - three nights in Cavtat. It has been the most stunning day, three hours of which I spent alternating between reading in the sun and swimming in the sea. Hard life I know. After all the travelling I thought a few days rest would be needed...

Cavtat is the new preferred Dubrovnik - 15 minutes boat ride from Dubrovnik but much calmer, low key. The walk from the Centar to my apartment is about 10 minutes along a single lane road lined with cypress trees. The voices I'm hearing are French, Irish and  English (but Coronation St accents).


I swam at 7.30 and then at
about 8.30 headed into the old town to find coffee - not that there isn't coffee in the cafes around me, but decided that coffee looking at the super yachts would be fun - but I got distracted by the little churches and lanes heading up the hill.









One lead to another corner, another church, another lane - my favourite sort of town. The churches are so understated, just in the middle of houses, no name, just an open door and an altar. The first one I went into only had four kneelers - no room for anything else.






I finally sat for a coffee (i cassu vode - a glass of water) and sat and watched the families.

This afternoon after the beach I found a bar that had Hugo cocktails and the most divine bruschetta that I've ever tasted so sat there enjoying myself for an hour or so, listening and watching.


And as I write this, the bar beside my terasa has Oliver playing and the sun is going behind the promontory..

Tomorrow I could take a glass bottom boat ride, I could visit some of the other islands, or could go for a Fish Picnic (yuk)... but I'm just going to hang around here, people watch, swim and lie in the sun. The summer is ending so it's not too hot, not too crowded, and I only have one full day left so I'm going to savour it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The End

Rental Car. Part 1. First Destination.

Back in monopoli