Yesterday was sobering when we had our first Covid 19 patient pass away. Seemingly no connection with anyone who has travelled - previously it may have felt like and exercise that we are going through, but suddenly it is real.

We have 589 affected currently - many have recovered, 12 in hospital, 2 in ICU - of all of those affected only 2% seem to be by community transmission. Perversely, the number thing seems like a reverse telethon.

I feel glad that I have the luxury of work to entertain myself with and perversely I am also glad that I don't have grumpy teenagers in my house! So many humorous comments on facebook about how to deal with all of this.


Food has become very important -it's bizarre. Recipes for beer bread, one pot wonders. I found a bottle of beer in the cupboard and made a loaf, i'm working my way through it - a couple of slices for lunch, one before dinner. My radio station has Tessipes (I laughed out loud, sorry, it's recipes by Tess) with simple things to make for millennials who have suddenly discovered that they do need more than tomato sauce and beer in the fridge now that uber-eats are no longer delivering. Who would have known.

I walked at 6 this evening (gorgeous evening, surreal) and listened to a film director in Cornwall who  is supposed to be promo-ing his new 'artisanal movie' Bait which is about the underlying negativity in small towns when tourists take over, and as he spoke he railed abut  cars with thousands of tourists arriving for the easter holidays despite the governments insistence that travelling should only be when necessary under the lockdown regime. Point taken - thousands of people arriving from cities that are hotspots with the virus infection arriving in a small coastal town with 15 ICU beds at the closest hospital. I take his point.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The End

Rental Car. Part 1. First Destination.

Back in monopoli