Monet on Monday

Sorry, I'm running a day or so late with my updates - :) it's been busy.

Monday was officially Monaco Cousin Day!! 

Rain was coming again (I caved and bought an umbrella) and I had complex instructions to take the 10:20 train to get to Monaco to meet our cousin Diana who lived /worked in Monaco, but now lives in the hills behind Roqueburne and Menton. She has lived in France for about 35 years, still has a strong English accent. And crazily, our other cousin Gaye (and her husband Grant) are also travelling and were arriving on the 28th of August!! Very exciting - and the plan was that we would all meet at the train station and would go to the Monet Exhibition. Monet lived on the Cote d'Azur and so many of the places in the pictures are identifiable (to Diana - not to the tourists).

I had to empty out my handbag and hand over my lipsticks and pens - I must have had that graffiti look about me. Gaye got to keep hers...

Monaco seems to be a flash car yard - show rooms for all those cars that men ogle at - the new Rolls Royce is a four wheel drive thing with a bright orange interior - seriously. Show room after show room. Monaco is not the place for me. At the foreshore the sea  is being filled in and three huge apartment blocks are being built by the Prince. And clearly there are no cars that drip oil - the carparks have beautiful painted floors. And the prices are incredible.... no, Monaco is not for me...

But the exhibition was lovely (thanks Diana for arranging the tickets). Here are my favs - he had a penchant for painting the same things over a few times - and the mauves in his pictures just glow...

This baby was parked next to us - I think it is meant for Mike Paki...

 A reflection in a mirror for Monaco Cousin's Monday.










Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The End

Rental Car. Part 1. First Destination.

Back in monopoli