moving on to Corsica

 Because I have martyr tendencies and I like a challenge, I decided to get to the airport for my flight to Corsica on the public transport (options were to take uber or the taxi.

Flight was at 9, needed to be there two hours before that, needed to take line 1 to Jean Medecin, and then cross over to take line 2 to Terminal 2... 


I did a walk through the night before to make sure I knew where the elevator was down to line 2 and decided I could do it. This meant waking at 4:30 to get showered etc to get to the tram station (Opera) by 6 - the mystery bit to this game is that at that time of the morning, it wasn't clear whether the trams would be every 10 minutes or every 30 minutes. 

It was still dark when I left my hotel, I momentarily wondered if I was crazy (was it safe wandering around in the dark?) plunged on, just missed a tram, decided to walk to line 2, passed lots of drunk young teens, down the escalator and voila! made it with time to spare.

There were only about 20 people on the flight to Bastia, no sooner up in the air than down again. There must have been a delay in landing calls because we circled the airport a few times, but the view of the island was magnificent. Corsica isn't called the jewel of  France for nothing.










It's  always another challenge to find your accommodation, but here I am on the 3rd floor (no lift) looking straight onto the marina in the old port in Bastia. How perfect could it be? More about Bastia tomorrow...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The End

Rental Car. Part 1. First Destination.

Back in monopoli