Stretching

At three this morning I woke and immediately thought that I should find a gym or yoga studio  - my room here is so small that it isn't possible to do even the most basic of stretches to keep my back moving. I googled 'gyms in Vis' but there was nothing. There was mention of a yoga studio so at 7 I was out walking to see whether I could find it. Seems it is very private - no signs, nothing. Maybe I will try calling later. Spotted the pomegranates ripening as I wondered back the track.


In the meantime though, given that I had my walking shoes and aktiv wear on, I headed out past the port to see if there could maybe be a gym near the tennis courts (there isnt). I stopped at INA (the petrol station) to ask if there was such a thing (no) but she suggested that the park along by the beach had 'some exercise things'. 

I wandered along in that direction, and sure enough there was a fit looking tan guy doing pull ups and using a band to do arm and chest exercises BUT he had a tripod set up and was filming himself and talking through technique - I kept my distance so as not to seem tooo competitive, didn't want to seem like I was trying to steal the show as I did a few squats and kick backs...I'm picking he is a sports /fitness influencer and will be trying to work out a co-lab with me...

Actually apart from needing to stretch, I also wanted to check out the church out on the promontory and was pretty excited when I found it was open, every other door I have tried has been locked. This fairly simple church (Church of St Jerome) was built in the 16th Century, with the monastery and cemetery beside it.  It even boasts a tenacious caper berry plant above the door, and  the cemetery must have the absolute best sea view in town, prime real estate. It was only 8:30am so the light was pretty, the graves were old and there was just the Jugo wind blowing, the smell of the pine trees and the sound of the cicadas.











Oh, and I found this body part against the seawall - should I be concerned?






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Amazing Race - Ground Hog

Evening out

Signing Out