Another Day Another Village

 And this one is Pucsica, which I have now mastered saying after muttering it under my breath and listening to locals saying it.  I got chatting to a woman in a neck brace at the bus station and asked her how to say it a couple of times until I had it. I was also curious about her neck brace- she said she has low blood pressure and faints and hurt her neck. She asked if I'd like a chocolate (no but thanks) and then said she thinks if she eats salty things it may help her blood pressure. And had another smoke and another chocolate. But she also had pretzels. Right there, salt.

I love taking local buses, there is always someone looking out for you, making sure you get the right stop. Buses here are efficient - if the ticket says 10:10, it leaves on the dot. The ticet lady said it would be 40 minutes, 10:50 we pulled up in Pucsica (I wish I had the Croatian keyboard to show just how many accents there are in that word). And joy, a man came up to ask whether I was the lady going to Apartman Ruzica and drove me here - honestly, I would not have been able to find it. It is stunning here - the apartman is roomy with a normal people size shower, and a washing machine, and a full kitchen! I could live here! and the view, the view, it looks right out over the port.

Ok, a bit of history, this is the place of White Stone. Some of it is at the White House, and contains the only stonemason's training school. All the buildings are the same White Stone (a couple of paris pink ones in the mix), large elegant ones around the port, and smaller as you move up the hills. Lots of steps and walkways meandering around. I've spotted three supermarkets (be impressed, these do not look like supermarkets) a lot of stalls with all manner of things made from the White Stone, cafes, but not touristy sort of shops selling reef shoes and blow up pink flamingoes! I read that there are about 1500 permanent residents so there must be hair salons etc, Croatian women love to have their hair done (as do I). There must be more - ll report back. 












Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The End

Rental Car. Part 1. First Destination.

Back in monopoli