Post Makarska

And now we have all slowly peeled off and started our journey's home.

Chris and Nikki left on the 19th for a night in Frankfurt, and I guess that they are at least half way home.

Jack and Jenny headed to Split on the 10am bus this morning - 2nd sad goodbye.

I've coffee-ed with Branka, Annette and Srdjan, sad goodbyes all - they are dear friends, and I am lucky to have them.

I opted for the 1:30 bus to Split. It was so overbooked that there were about 20 people standing. There were three of us with tickets with seat numbers on them and we decided to force that card - but I realised that the person in seat 11 was the lovely Australian woman I had been chatting to - someone got out at Baska Voda so I grabbed that seat.  The other two had a stand-up argument (literally) with the Americans sitting in seats 13 and 14. It's a Dickensian card to pull, but who wants to stand all the way to Split? The Americans got vocal and refused to move - until they had no choice. Ha.

Now I'm sitting in the new flash (mostly empty of any furniture) airport at Split,
waiting for my flight to Athens. Four more days really, a lot of travelling to experience a bit of Hydra before I go home. I feel ready to head home, but this always comes upon me about now.

And you lucky armchair travellers can experience it with me!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The End

Rental Car. Part 1. First Destination.

Back in monopoli