eeeyuck

 I've been eating out each evening, and because my new apartman has a totally functioning kitchen, I decided that I would make a salad for dinner.  I normally try to alternate eating in / eating out. Cost and then I don't end up staring at menus and thinking I just want something simple.

I picked up some tomatoes that smelled like tomatoes (they do here) and a packet of mozzarella and prsut. I'm thinking classic Capese Salad with prosciutto on the side. 

I delayed eating until 8 (which is still early here) , sliced up the tomatoes, the mozzarella, black pepper, salt, small sprinkle of sugar to bring the flavours out... liberally drizzled olive oil from the dispenser on the bench, knife, fork, climbed the stairs to the terasa for the million dollar view and sat down, thinking, how lucky am I... took a mouthful, and eeeeyuck, that olive oil was lemon flavoured dishwashing liquid!

Now, correct me if I'm wrong, but that dispenser, totally looks like olive oil!


I tried to wash it, rinsing each slice of mozzarella and tomatoes, but it wasn't to be, I could still taste it.

Soooo, back down the jacob's ladder of stairs to the riva, into the first restaurant and had a plateful of krumpir sa blitvom - potatoes with garlic, spinach and olive oil. And. It. Was. Good. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The End

Rental Car. Part 1. First Destination.

Back in monopoli